Blue Ridge Design, Inc. (www.brd-inc.com), a highly respected structural engineering firm with a specialty in precast/prestressed concrete analysis, design, investigation and restoration, has an immediate Project Engineering opportunity in our Winchester, Virginia, office for an engineer with precast/prestressed concrete experience.
Summary of Position
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Establish design criteria and perform design calculations to conform to the International Building Code, ACI 318, and the PCI Design Handbook.
- Plan and design architectural and structural members and systems for commercial precast and prestressed projects.
- Work in collaboration with and provide engineering design information to the assigned drafting resources.
- Direct work of drafters to complete project erection drawings and production shop cards according to the standards of multiple precast concrete manufacturers.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and provide viable solutions and repair details on assigned projects.
- Analyze specifications, drawings, codes & standards and other data to design projects.
- Use computer assisted engineering, design, and detailing software such as AutoCAD, Mathcad, and others to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Check the erection drawings and production shop cards for accuracy, compliance with contract documents and design intent, while maintaining necessary schedules.
- Interface with the project design team, precast concrete manufacturing clients, contractors, architects, and engineers to develop design, obtain approval of design, resolve issues and maintain schedules.
- Prepare repair work orders and work with Client’s plant and field personnel to achieve their completion.
- Inspect project construction sites to ensure conformance to design requirements, specifications, construction standards and codes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Applicants for consideration will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering and have PE license. A Master’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering is a plus. Prior precast/prestressed experience is required, either directly in the industry or in a consulting role. Minimum five years engineering practice experience with two-three years of precast experience.
Candidate must be performance-driven, team-oriented and client-focused with strong written/verbal communication skills and a strong work ethic. Must possess the ability to work productively and cooperatively in a team environment.
The Company offers a competitive benefit package. Blue Ridge Design, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send cover letter and resume to Blue Ridge Design, Inc.: email@example.com