Blue Ridge Design, Inc. (www.brd-inc.com), a highly respected structural engineering firm with a specialty in precast/prestressed concrete analysis, design, investigation and restoration, has an immediate opening in our Winchester, Virginia, office for an experienced structural precast concrete technical coordinator and project manager.
Summary of Position
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Manage the communication, project drafting, project schedule, and quality of subcontract drafting resources to complete project erection drawings and production shop cards.
- Work in collaboration with our engineers to provide engineering design information to our subcontract drafting resources.
- Perform a review of contract drawings and specifications to identify requirements for precast/prestressed concrete construction.
- Review erection drawings, shop tickets and plate details for conformance to the intent of design and the manufacturing standards of our precast/prestressed concrete producer clients.
- Communicate with project design team, contractors, architects, and engineers to coordinate design, drafting details, and standards, and to resolve issues and maintain schedules.
- Train subcontract drafting resources in project development standards and disciplines.
- Provide support with AutoCAD drawing or Revit modeling as needed for structural project requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Candidates must have strong communication and computer skills, be highly detail oriented, and be able to effectively work in a dynamic team environment. Knowledge of prestressed/precast concrete and AutoCAD is essential. Proficiencies in and familiarity with Revit or Tekla Structures is a plus. Successful candidates can direct the production of piece drawings and field erection drawings of architectural and structural precast/prestressed concrete systems for parking garages, office buildings, schools, hospitals, stadiums, warehouses, and other commercial and institutional projects using Autodesk AutoCAD.
The Company offers a competitive benefit package. Blue Ridge Design, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send cover letter and resume to Blue Ridge Design, Inc.: email@example.com